GM Thailand Signs MoU with Department of Industrial Works to Promote Sustainable Waste Management Initiative
BANGKOK, MAY 17, 2013 – General Motors Thailand/Southeast Asia recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Department of Industrial Works to participate in its “3Rs Project” (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) waste management initiative, which seeks to promote sustainable environmental and waste management practices in the industrial community.
GM Thailand was selected to join the “3Rs Project” because of the company’s commitment to minimize the environmental impact of it manufacturing operations in Thailand and around the world. The company’s vehicle and powertrain plants in Rayong are landfill-free; on average, more than 97 percent of waste materials from the plants are recycled or reused and the remaining 3 percent is converted to energy, replacing traditional fuels.
“We're devoted to reducing our environmental impact, and our employees in Rayong have embraced this commitment by continually finding ways to reduce recycle and reuse waste,” said David Clarkson, vice president of Manufacturing, GM Thailand/ASEAN. “We look forward to sharing our experiences and best practices with other industrial companies in Thailand and, at the same time, learn about other innovative ways other companies are addressing these issues.”
Participation is this program is just one part of GM Thailand’s long-standing commitment to sustainable environmental conservation in all activities, from its production and manufacturing processes to its vehicles on the road. The company strives to ensure that it has a positive impact on all aspects of the communities in which it operates.
Accessories shown on the website may not be a part of the standard equipment. Colors shown may not match the actual colors due to visual limitations. Features mentioned and accessories shown will vary by model and may not be a part of the standard equipment. “Chevrolet” is a registered trademark of General Motors Company. Some features shown are optional and may be available only on select models. For Exact prices, please contact an authorized Chevrolet dealer in your area. Please be aware that any calls made to you on the numbers provided on this page will be recorded for quality improvement and training purposes.